Custody Modification

Gadsden custody modification attorneys representing clients in Gadsden, Attalla, Southside, Rainbow City, Hokes Bluff, Glencoe and other areas of Etowah, Blount, Cherokee, Dekalb, Calhoun and St. Clair Counties

Daddy with his daughter

You have a Constitutional right to raise your children. At Dani V. Bone & Sam D. Bone, Attorneys at Law, our lawyers are ready to discuss the how to fight for you to raise your children.

Original child custody agreements are drafted to reflect the parents' and a child's circumstances when a divorce is finalized. However, situations can change, and divorce orders must often be re-evaluated down the road. A common modification request involves changing a child custody agreement. At Dani V. Bone & Sam D. Bone, Attorneys at Law, located in Alabama, we provide skillful legal representation to help parents get the results they need.

Please learn more about our custody modification services by scheduling a free initial consultation today. You may contact our Gadsden law office online at, or you may call our office directly at 256-547-1005.

How To Modify Your Child Custody Order In Alabama

As the petitioning parent, it is your burden to show that the current custody agreement is no longer in the best interest of your child. It is important to prepare a strong argument with solid evidence if you hope to persuade a court to change an existing divorce order. At Dani V. Bone & Sam D. Bone, Attorneys at Law, we have significant experience advocating for modifications and know what proof a court will look for. A court will consider any factors pertinent to your situation, but some general factors common to most modification hearings include:

  • Changes to the wishes of one or both parents
  • Changes to a parent's or a child's physical or mental health
  • Evidence of abuse, either physical or mental
  • Evidence of drug or alcohol abuse
  • The pattern of a child's interaction with family and friends
  • The effect a modification could have on a child's school or social life
  • Changes to the wishes of a child (a court will weigh this more heavily as a child ages)
Our experienced family law attorneys will take the time to learn about your situation and provide honest, candid advice. We can work together to show a substantial change in your family's circumstances warrants a custody modification.

For exceptional service and professionalism that puts your needs first, come to the Dani V. Bone & Sam D. Bone, Attorneys at Law, in Gadsden. We can help with the legal ramifications of any problem that arises in your life.

Mother and daughter

Do You Need To Prevent A Modification?

Not all custody modifications are without contest. We realize this and provide representation to parents or children who wish to challenge a modification request — we will do everything in our power to ensure your agreement reflects the best interests of everyone involved.

Contact A Gadsden Lawyer To Modify A Custody Order

Contact our office today to schedule an appointment with a lawyer about your family law matter. We offer a free, in-person consultation to all new clients. You may contact our Gadsden law office online at, or you may call our office directly at (256) 547-1005.

Mother and Son

What Our Clients Say?

Check some of our testimonials: